7/19/09

Soldiers Known Only to G-d





















* As I search gathering names and personal identification on the status of people walking Freedom's Front Lines in Iran...I hold this image in my mind. All around the world there are Tombs holding Soldiers known only to G-D.
* In the US, we have guarded our Unknown Soldier's Tomb 24 hrs a day since 1921. As a mother, grandmother, aunt, sister and friend my heart breaks at the thought of the child of any mother dying alone & unknown in the Eternal Human Struggle for Freedom.
* So I take moments stolen from sleep, during breakfast, lunch, dinner...as I listen to my Grandsons tell stories from their day, and hear my daughter reminding me of the normal stuff of our lives. I search Facebook, Twitter, Newsvine, Revolutionary Road, Amnesty International, Freedom for Iran, BBC, AP and so many more online sources.
* Part of me realizes that I am missing names and information. Yet even that doubt within me about the task at hand knows I don't want to look back in years to come, thinking, "I should have tried. I should have made the effort to Honor People willing to Sacrifice Everything for the Right to raise their children in a Free Democratically Elected Society."
* Please, post any names and information in the Comments. I will add them as soon as possible to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment